Booster Club General Information
The objectives of Booster Club are:
- To promote the welfare of the students at Butterfield Elementary.
- To raise funds to promote academic achievement, citizenship, and any other purposes deemed necessary by the principal and teachers.
- To assist in raising funds for field trips.
- To sponsor parent education programs and classes.
The following are the basic policies of Booster Club:
- The Booster Club shall be noncommercial, nonsectarian and nonpartisan.
- The name of the Booster Club or the names of any members in their official capacities shall not be used to endorse or promote a commercial concern or in connection with any partisan interest or for any purpose not appropriately related to promotion of the objectives of the organization.
- The Booster Club shall not—directly or indirectly—participate or intervene (in any way, including the publishing or distribution of statements0 in any political campaign on behalf of, or in opposition to, any candidate for public office; or devote more than an insubstantial part of its activities to attempting to influence legislation by propaganda or otherwise.
- No part of the net earnings of the Booster Club shall inure to the benefit of, or be distributable to its members, directors, trustees, officers or other private persons except that the association shall be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered and to make payments and distribution in furtherance of the purposes of Booster Club.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these articles, the association shall not carry on any other activities not permitted to be carried on by any organization exempt from Federal Income Tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Upon the dissolution of this Booster Club, the remaining assets shall be donated to the PTA.
Membership in Booster Club is open to any individual, family or corporation without regard to race, color, creed or national origin.