ABOUT THE AFRICAN-AMERICAN PARENT ADVISORY COUNCIL
Recognizing that parent/family involvement plays a vital role in fostering student success, African-American Parent Advisory Councils (AAPACs) have been established at various schools in Moreno Valley Unified School District. AAPAC is open to all parents.
Mission of the Council
The mission of the council is to honor and embrace the identity and experiences of African American families, advocate for the cultural acceptance of all, and mobilize and engage all stakeholders to transform the system to ensure a high quality education for every student.
Vision of the Council
The council respects and embraces the diverse cultures of our community, facilitates educational equity and improvements in academic outcomes, values varied forms of parent involvement to foster the healthy development of all students, and provides the tools and skills necessary for families to access information to purposefully participate in a rapidly changing world.
Goals of the Council
1. Engage, equip, and empower parents to advocate for the academic success of their children.
2. Mobilize community resources to expand and improve the educational opportunities for all students.
3. Ensure academic success through high expectations, rigorous and challenging curricula and instruction.
4. Work to enhance and support the educational, personal, and career goals of every student.
5. Encourage success in the regular school program through a collaborative decision-making process within the district, school level, and community.
6. Assist in the development and implementation of site goals, objectives, and priorities of school programs.
7. Provide communication and foster cooperation between home, school and administration.